After a very successful TCS Women meeting at the 50th Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), we are now in our second year. TCS Women is a community for women researchers in Theoretical Computer Science (TCS) and related areas. Our objectives are
- to provide a platform for women in Theoretical Computer Science to connect with other women who share some of the same research interests,
- to help women succeed in their professional endeavors and
- to help make the TCS community discrimination-free and welcoming to everyone.
Organizers: Sofya Raskhodnikova (Boston University), Barna Saha (University of Massachusetts Amherst) and Virginia Vassilevska Williams (MIT).
Announcement: We are organizing the 2nd TCS Women meet at STOC 2019. We will be providing scholarships to women students to attend STOC. STOC is one of the flagship conferences in theoretical computer science. We would like to see women participation from all over the world. Please check our travel scholarship page for how to apply to TCS Women grant.
- Date: June 23rd-24th, 2019
- Venue: Phoenix, AZ as part of 51st STOC Theory Fest and FCRC
Supporters: We gratefully acknowledge the funding received from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and our industry sponsors (Akamai, Amazon, Google, Microsoft). We are also grateful to SIGACT, the STOC theory fest organizers, the STOC local organizers and to all our theory colleagues for their support and helping us advertise the TCS Women event.